Thursday, June 15, 2006

Another weekend ..But with difference

Another Weekend & I sat down to pen down a blog
Weekends are fast becoming pastime for me to blog.But this time with a change.Pramod goes India trotting..............
It was 1700 hrs on Friday & I came rushing out of Office to reach train terminal, without many hiccups & hassels I was there.The Brown reptile without any scales was right on its way to its destination.The Brobdingnagian serpent was waiting to suck me, Its tail was long enough to provide me a morning jog if I were to run across it.But this is a good snake ---nulla pambu ( the only tamil word which I have learnt thru a story when I was in class VII).Snake was Train of Indian Railways which would ferry me to Bangalore.Soon my friend Maxi also made it to station & our journey began.
Habitually a disliker of journey , soon started loving it because of the cold breeze sweeping across & overcast conditions cheering my mind up.Maxi was my former colleague who works with Microsoft now.We had a long chat about Microsoft technologies , managers & salaries.Strike of 10PM raised alarms & co passengers were on " turn off lights " spree & we were forced to sleep on berths not very comfortable but well maintained. I could just lay on berth which restricted my movements to minimum.Clock ticked on & we were in Bangalaore by 0700hrs.
Maxi has been to Bangalore many times & this was my first visit.I was happy following him. We were at a PCO to call our host Amit ( Another Former colleague of mine working for Microsoft now ).We have taken down the address. I had first taste of Bangalores expenses by paying Rs 8 for two local calls.Worst times were just ahead.
Soon we were at Chowdhury's residence & couple were hospitable & very receptive which they do best.After a small nap & opulent food we headed to Domulur & were at Amits office in 15 minutes. His workplace rocks Needless to say MS pays a lot of attention to their infra.There was this Golf course right beside the office where the fat burly rich & affluent people hit the ball to holes.Soon we were back at home & headed to Garuda a uptown shopping mall to do lil window shopping.I hate to recollect the small altercation with auto rickshaw driver over the pay.It was tiring experience of checking all the items on sale & display aimlessly having no intentions what so ever to buy.This reminds me of my fav statement " Happy as long as its free ".It was at this shop where I had a peek at Chetan Bhagats books One night@ call center & five point someone. Books with no real sense but fun.
Here we enter the INNOX movie theatre to watch Mi III.I already had pack of Zea mays everta with desi touch & couple of samosa costing 30 bucks.That was expensive.Movie was good. I thought this was best version of Mi.Very thought of dreaded reality of going back home in an auto boiled brains. I can think of my nerves being cooked as noodles when autowallahs charged rs 100 for journey back home. To travel the same distance we were charged Rs 30 four hours ago. The distance between two points is not the same always.
We had Leechi for supper , Bengali version of Puri prepared by Mrs.Chowdhury. India's good batting display on day one second test Vs Windies was another high point of day.Over supper we exchanged strong reasons of dislike towards the city
Day two .....rest rest & rest. marathalli was the agenda & nothing else. This place hosts a lot of shopping outlets. we wrapped up our shopping in three hours & were back at home.by 9 PM We were at Bus station & soon boarded Volvo & we had a feel of Karnataka again when we were forced to watch Kannada movie.It was a matter of time before I slept again only to find lovely Hyderabad welcoming me with it arms wide open in the morning.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to know you experienced the COSTLY bangalore.. I'm facing it everyday.. but its not right on your part to leave bangalore without meeting me.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home